Review: Crosshairs by Kate Stewart

Crosshairs by Kate Stewart

Series: Predator and Prey #2
Publication Date: June 12th, 2017
Genres: Erotica, Romantic Suspense
Length: 238 pages
Safe.

It’s a liar’s word. No one is ever truly safe.

Daniello still haunted me—in my bed, in my dreams, in a ridiculous notion of a future we would never have.

I was drawn to darkness, and he was the abyss.

My love for him made me flesh and bone—vulnerable.

I was finally a woman with something to lose and would do anything to keep it.
But when my past caught up with my present, it became clear that safe would forever remain an illusion.

Laz was coming for us, his looming darkness a threat to the life I carefully designed.

Armed with hope, and ready for battle, I never imagined the casualties of the war that came to me.

And then I lost all control.

***If you are not a fan of cursing, erotic and extremely explicit sex, immoral behavior, violence, dysfunction or sexual scenarios that may make you feel uncomfortable this is not the book for you. FILTHY. EROTIC. SUSPENSE.


MY REVIEW

Finally the author decided to re-released the first book also final conclusion of Predator and Prey duet that I've been waiting for ages. No kiddin'. I was conflicted with the first book, Camouflage because of the ending. I just wanna say... I'm impressed!

A bit recap, Taylor Ellison escaped her shitty life and turns into successful business woman. She met Daniello Di Giovanni, a handsome Hispanic man who is she in lust with. Taylor didn't like his secrets and her guts tell he's a dangerous man. A man from the past haunted Taylor back through her sister, Amber. She went back to save her and Daniello came for her unexpectedly.

After Taylor save her sister, she's getting flashbacks. Beside her ex from hometown, there's another person named Ray who seems to be Taylor's savior. Through her flashbacks, I learned the hard truth about her survival until now. Anyway, Daniello still a ghost. He rarely appears and it frustrated Taylor.

Tell me to leave.”
“I can’t.”
He closed his eyes briefly. “Tell me to go. You know this will only end bad.”
“Then let it end badly.”

The story mostly told from dual POVs between Taylor and Daniello. Taylor is busy helping Amber through the problem caused by his ex. At this point, I'm kinda questioning Amber's motive because she looks fishy. When they're finally free, Taylor has to face another truth about Daniello.

He would tear my castle apart and ruin my kingdom if I let him.
Because I loved him.
Someone had to love the fucking villain.

After an unexpected accident happened to Amber, Taylor blamed everything to Daniello also herself. She's conflicted with her feelings and started to show her weakness. Taylor went to martyrdom path. Sigh. Well, I kinda realize what is Daniello but still in blind with his background. It was kinda sad about what happened to Daniello and the sacrifice they have to make in the end.

Before him, I was an empty woman, void of love. Without him, I’d lost my soul. Uncontrollable sobs racked my body as I wept for the man who had continually tried to save me since the minute we met—from myself, from the dangers of my own life, and his. He’d walked into the fire to save me.
And I’d asked him to.

Behind Taylor's tough chick attitude, there's some longing with some man in her past. Her happy memories. Also the present when she's with Daniello like he's everything she ever wanted in a man. The chemistry is still in there. Oh yeah, the sex still happened and super HOT but it is not much like in the first book.

In that bed, behind that door, you put your fingers inside your pussy with my name on your lips. I am the man you want. There is no other explanation.”
“I watch you with my cock in my hand, Phoenix, with my need for you. I know who you are. I know what we are. Do you? You need me, here I am.”
“Fuck you.”
“Deny it, Taylor. Lie. To. Me.”

Honestly, it's kinda hard to write this review because the story totally blew me away! Even there's some issues with the characters and a bit rushed in the ending, I still loved it. Well done!

No comments :

Post a Comment