Review: The Player and the Pixie by L.H. Cosway & Penny Reid

The Player and The Pixie by L.H. Cosway & Penny Reid

Series: Rugby #2
Publication Date: April 12th, 2016
Genres: Sports Romance, Rom-Coms
Length: 364 pages
USA TODAY BESTSELLER
How can someone so smokin' hot be so bad in bed? I mean, Sean Cassidy is absolute rubbish. RUBBISH. He is the epitome of walking, talking false advertising and I want a refund! Plus he's an arsehole. So... what is wrong with me that I can't stop thinking about him?

THE PIXIE
Lucy Fitzpatrick doesn't like rugby.
As the little sister of Ireland's most infamous rugby player, Lucy can't seem to escape the championship-sized shadow cast by her big brother, or her mother's frequent attempts to micromanage her future. Her rainbow hair is as free-spirited as her quest for inner peace, yet overbearing expectations keep bringing her down. And when she's down, her compulsive little problem lands her in seriously big trouble.

THE PLAYER
Sean Cassidy is a cold-hearted brute... or so he's been told. Frequently. By everyone.
His blonde locks, baby blues, and rock hard bod make ladies the world over drool with desire. As the rugby world's second most infamous player, he should be basking in his success. But Sean has never been content settling for second place, and his frequent confrontations with Lucy's big brother leave him cold. And when he's cold, his compulsive little problem lands him in the lap of Lucy Fitzpatrick.

THE PLAN
Sean has a problem only Lucy can solve. Lucy has a problem only Sean can fix. The solution seems obvious: you scratch my back, and I'll bail you out of jail. But when their business arrangement unexpectedly leaves Sean scorching hot and Lucy on the precipice of inner peace, can they convince the world--and Lucy's big brother in particular--that this is the real deal?

Either way, both the Player and the Pixie are about to teach each other some pretty monumental lessons about family, life, but most importantly, love.

The Pixie and the Player is a full-length, romantic comedy novel, can be read as a standalone, and is the second book in the Rugby Series.


MY REVIEW

Imagined my surprise when this book came out! I never expected to see Ronan's sister, Lucy Fitzpatrick got her own story. Another surprise was Sean Cassidy. Yes, he will be the 'hero' for Lucy. A bit recap from previous book, Ronan's ex-fiancee cheated on Sean and I couldn't see anything to redeem this bastard until this book proved me wrong.


Lucy Fitzpatrick starts her new life in New York to be free from her mother. Lucy believes in yoga and tranquility. She's quite like a hippe herself and I liked her. Lucy is the most cheerful, free-spirited woman along her rainbow hair. As the sister of famous rugby player, she must keep her secret; kleptomania/thieving issues. Her other issue was with her mother who always opposite with her.

No one like Sean Cassidy; include me. He maybe great in rugby, but his real attitude was really annoying. Sean came from strict and cold-hearted rich family. He seems enjoy taunting Ronan Fitzpatrick, Lucy's brother. An unexpected event brought Sean and Lucy together, lead them into something else. Lucy realize that she's attracted to Sean; physically and vice versa.

I enjoyed their hate-love relationship. Sean admitted he was an ass. They agreed it was only for sex but Sean became a disaster. I was shocked with the truth about Sean and didn't expected to be that shitty. Against all odds, Lucy 'offer' her sexual training with Sean. She realize it was a stupid move, but she couldn't deny that she's starting to care about him. Believe it or not, Sean's progress was amazingly fast and it made Lucy happy yet jealous. He became very satisfying in bed ;)

“I love when you look at me like that,”
“Why?” I asked, still all mushy-headed.
“It’s territorial. A look that makes me feel like I’m your man. I like the idea of being yours.”

Then, her guilty conscious for her brother made Lucy distanced herself from Sean. And Sean, of course looks like a lost puppy without Lucy. He always panting around her. From zero to hero. My feeling for Sean has changed with his reformed asshole attitude. His ice exterior melted since Lucy came into his life. Sean become more lively. I liked the new Sean and he's swoon worthy. His determination for Lucy made me enjoyed this so much. However, Lucy didn't like herself. Her happy-go-lucky attitude faded. She buried everything inside herself and it's eating her alive.

The moment you walk into a room you brighten it, Lucy Fitzpatrick, and I for one feel like the luckiest bastard in the world for having known you.
I was glad that they finally work their issues. Lucy and Sean were such a messed. I could feel what Sean has been missing in his life. He has no sibling who could share the intimacy of a family. Insulting Ronan was the 'good' way he gained attention. The Player and the Pixie was really addictive and n-put-down-able. I loved their banter & flirty togetherness without make me green. An entertaining read. Every story from this duo author has a deep meaning. No one is perfect. They have flaws and it felt so real.

Lucy: Random thought. If everyone winked as much in real life as they do on social media and in text messages, the world would be a much creepier place.
Sean: I’d send you a “I’d love to lick your pussy” emoticon, but my iPhone doesn’t have one.
Lucy: Those Apple engineers have seriously been sleeping on the job
Lucy: ;-)
Sean: Ah yes, embrace the creepy winking. ;-)

No comments :

Post a Comment