Review: Prime Minister by Ainsley Booth & Sadie Haller

Prime Minister by Ainsley Booth & Sadie Haller

Series: Frisky Beavers #1
Publication Date: May 31st 2016
Genres: Contemporary Romance, BDSM, Erotica
Length: 426 pages
Now a Top 10 Romance and USA Today Bestselling novel!
A kinky Prime Minister, a vanilla intern, and a scandal that shouldn't feel so right or cost so much.


Gavin:
Ellie Montague is smart, sensitive, and so gorgeous it hurts to look at her. She’s also an intern in my office. The office of the Prime Minister of Canada.*
That’s me. The PM.
She calls me that because when she calls me Sir, I get hard and she gets flustered, and as long as she’s my intern, I can’t twist my hands in her strawberry-blonde hair and show her what else I’d like her to do with that pretty pink mouth.**

Ellie:
How much I like the PM varies on a daily basis. He’s intense, controlling, and a perfectionist in every way—and he demands the same of his staff.
How much I want him never wavers.
There’s something about him that tugs at me deep inside, and makes me wish that just once he’d cross the line in a late night work session. I’d take that secret to the grave if it meant I got a taste of the barely restrained beast inside him.***
.
.
.
FOOTNOTES:
* This is a fictional romance. No prime ministers or interns were harmed in the making of this book.
** Except it’s a kinky romance, so they were hurt a little.
*** Spoiler alert: she gets more than a taste. And she likes it.


MY REVIEW


“Jesus, Ellie, you’re playing with fire.”
“So maybe I want to get burned.”


I'm so into kinky shit. This book was my first read from both authors and I'm excited. The blurb and teasers sounds really promising. Unfortunately, it wasn't like what I've expected. But I give bonus stars because this is new theme about politics especially high profile person as a Prime Minister ;)

Ellie Montague works as an intern with the Prime Minister because she's a brilliant girl and hard-working person. She's also in lust with the PM, Gavin Strong. The feeling is mutual. Gavin couldn't forget how sweet Ellie called him 'Sir'. The urges to spank her was really bad that he need to distanced himself. Gavin wasn't sure about Ellie because he has 'different' taste.

The little minx is cosplaying a BDSM movie. In my office.
And I have this urge to recreate a scene or two.

I'm glad the story focused with (mostly) with their interaction. Their sexual banter was off chart! I'm not really into office romance but this was something new that I enjoyed it. Of course, when Gavin's dirty mind start to show off. I loved how the author use Secretary for BDSM reference because that was a great movie! Even Gavin is the Dominant in the relationship, he's a real softie. It seems their BDSM only kinky sex inside bedroom.

You're bent over my bed, dripping wet because I'm spanking you. And you like it."
Another whisper.
My cock throbs as I lean over her. "What was that?"
"I love it," she says more clearly. There's wonder in her voice. I've given her this. She pushed me so hard to show her what I like. Why did I doubt that she might be a natural?
My dirty girl.

However there are several problems. The constant uncertainty from Gavin. Yeah, he's the PM and he must think any possibility about their future relationship. When they have green light to do their BDSM, Gavin did something 'uncomfortable' scene. It was too freakin' awkward. Uh huh...

The story was told from 2 POV's, Ellie and Gavin. It was boring after their 'repetition' lewd acts and the love-dovey scenes. Not to be bitter, but after Gavin and Ellie has relationship, they're become less kinky than I expected. Overall, this is very nice read with amount of love mixed politics. I found that this is only for fun BDSM and they embraced it quite good. I would love to recommend this for office romance lover and kink for newbies.

No, when it comes to Ellie I have zero game. I'm the classic lovesick idiot. And that's probably going to be my undoing, but I don't care. I've waited nearly forty years to meet her, and now that she's in my bed I'm never letting go.

No comments :

Post a Comment