Review: Dirty Dealers by Tia Louise

Dirty Dealers by Tia Louise

Series: Dirty Players #3
Publication Date: January 24th, 2017
Genres: Contemporary Romance, Erotica, Suspense
Length: 319 pages
DIRTY * SEXY * DEADLY

My job is to protect.
I'm the best, the king's elite.
She's the only thing strong enough to make me look away.

Logan Hunt is a guard. He's constantly aware of his surroundings; he knows every angle. He'll take a bullet.

His new assignment is to protect the queen regent, keep his eyes on her at all times. He's more than up to the task...

Until a face from his past returns, and the one mission he's sworn to complete becomes his biggest liability.

DIRTY DEALERS is an all-new stand-alone CONTEMPORARY ROMANTIC SUSPENSE, featuring secrets, lies, double-crosses, angst, a touch of darkness, and panty-melting sexy times.


MY REVIEW

This supposed to be my first read before Dirty Player duet because I was confused with the opening. There was a king, queen and royal family out of nowhere and I assumed they have their own story. Because I'm such a perfectionist, this can't be read as a standalone. Tia Louise brought us back to Monagasco and this is one of the king's elite guards' story.

Logan Hunt tried to retire from his job instead he took a vacation; commanded by the King. He met someone unexpected from the past. Cassandra aka Kass stuck with the most dangerous man and tried her best to survive. She's a woman with mission. If she failed, someone will die.

Kass was a survivor after what she's been through. I didn't like her at first. She's Logan's ex-lover and they reunited again feels like insta-love for me. Maybe, they were young when in love and somehow Logan left her to joined the army. But, I was amazed with her strength and determination in the end.

While it hurts losing the connection we used to share when our eyes locked and we could read each others’ souls, all that fades away when I hold her, kiss her, see her entire body light up with her laughter… or bloom with ecstasy when I make her come.
I still see her soul.

I couldn't enjoy Logan at first. He's too serious and didn't appeal anything for me. When he met Kass again, he changed. They seemed like a normal lovey dovey couple but they weren't. Everything felt too perfect because Logan was pussy-whipped to realize the real Kass right now.

Honestly, I think they need to talk more than sex right away. I was surprised to read their sex scenes for the first time. Like a long lost lover, they turned into sappy and romantic. Almost 60% of the story was about Logan and Kass found their love back which a bit forced. It didn't feel natural for me.

I really liked the plot but hated the paced. Like The Prince & The Player, the suspense came very late. Blix was their mortal enemy and he was a true psychopath. The most stupid shit when Kass 'sacrificed' herself and the queen in a silver platter for him. R u kidding me? Both of you didn't have the skill and became liability in the end *rolleyes*. Also, I was a bit disappointed with how quick they (Blix and his followers) died. Overall, I have love-hate relationship. Okay characters but lack of chemistry. A good second-chance story mixed with suspense, though.


“I did have you... For a little while you were mine again.”

No comments :

Post a Comment