Review: Chained by D H Sidebottom

Chained by D H Sidebottom

Series: Caged #2
Publication Date: July 15th 2016
Genres: Dark, Erotica (MF/MMF/MM), Suspense
Length: 241 pages
The Conclusion to Caged. Caged MUST be read before this book.

I had once thought that when I found the light I had been searching for in that long, dark tunnel that it would finally give me the gift I had been holding on for.
I had scoured the joyless night sky for peace, a peace that only the brightness of the stars could grant.
And I had endeavoured to catch that single magic snowflake in the middle of a howling snowstorm.
I had been looking. Forever.

But little did I know that it WAS the sinister darkness in the tunnel that was the gift. It WAS the black reservoir of the deepest, darkest night that would be the very thing to give my chaotic soul peace. And it WAS the heaving rush of the bleakest blizzard that was filled with magic.

Anderson Cain WAS the darkness.
He WAS the black peace in my soul.
And within the raging pool of his wild green eyes WAS the magic.
The magic that saw me. The real me.
He made sure I saw me too. All of me. He’d told me he would make me accept who I really was.

I was Kloe Grant. And now – now I am the epitome of what he wanted me to be.

But when I finally let go, and I allowed that darkness to find me, neither of us was prepared for who I really was.

Death itself.

This book contains extreme violence, strong adult language and scenes of dark sex, including M/F/M.


MY REVIEW

“I was created to serve you, Anderson. I was made from the very horrors of hell that birthed you. We were cast from the same mould. But which gift will you take?” ~Kloe

If you're really curious with what happened with Anderson and Kloe, please do continue. I'm really conflicted to rate this because some unpredictable events and so many WTF moments. After the ending from Caged which Kloe head-shot her fake doctor, Anderson found her (again, of course). He still determined to take revenge through Kloe to hurt his father; the person who sold him to sick couple in the past. He thought his father really care about Kloe but the truth isn't always pretty. Kloe has been hiding behind new identity and forget the past but it didn't take long. They both deserved the truth and only Kloe has the answer.

Anderson and Kloe's relationship being tested (again) by the fate. Anderson is a complicated man to love. He has his kind version of love for Kloe through pain and pleasure. I kinda shock when Kloe was a cutter. It seems this woman's brain already fuck up many times. She changed a lot in this story. Sometimes she's still submissive with Anderson but still can fight him like a wolf. The sex scenes are still HOT. Even there was "tag team" happened and I hardly enjoy it. No chemistry at all. They're just having angry sex.

“I am here to fuck you. To take whatever depraved act you want to enact. I am here to feed from your merciless lust, and to quench the undying thirst for degradation you have.”

The story has fast paced move without running in circles. Everything keeps moving forward until the end. Caged has more slower paced between Kloe and Anderson's story. They always have back and forth feelings towards each other. Also, The evils still lurk in the shadows and took Kloe from him. There is nothing easy in their story. When the truth revealed, it was cringe-worthy and very fucked up. There was something that doesn't add up for me because too easy for some reason.

He was the only person that was capable of soothing the terror inside me, of quietening the raging noise in my head. He was the only one who could take my hand and lead me blindly to where he wanted me to go. And I would go. No matter how much it scared me. Because he carried my soul with him. He always had. Fate had brought us together, and fate would take us through to the end, whatever it had in store for us. ~Kloe

I think happy end was overrated for Anderson and Kloe. Their love was unique from the start. Definitely a hella roller-coaster. emotions from anger, frustrated, shocked and tears. This one has unpredictable ending but somehow I was relieved. They deserved peace after all the madness.

Kloe had given me so much. Once, all I had had was pain. It was all I had lived for; all I had felt. But then she’d walked into my life and showed me there was so much more to feel. Love. Trust. Gentleness. Hope. She had uncaged me, she had unchained me, and she had taught me that it’s okay to be loved, and give it back. And in the end she had given me her very soul. ~Anderson

No comments :

Post a Comment